Beard Team USA Nationals – 6/5/2010 – Bend, OR
Beards! Beer! Bend!
The first ever Beard Team USA National Beard and Moustache Championships will take place on Saturday, June 5, 2010, in Bend, Oregon.
There will be competition in four separate categories. The winner in each category will walk away with a cool $1000. So that everyone gets a shot at the cash, the fifth $1000 prize will go to a contestant selected at random.
1. Best moustache. Beards are allowed in this category but the contestants will be judged on their moustaches only;
2. Best partial beard. Includes goatees, van dykes, sideburns, musketeers, etc.;
3. Best full beard. Styling aids are permitted;
4. Freestyle. Anything goes. Anything. Be creative.
Like membership in BTUSA, the competition is open to everyone. There are no annoying qualifying events, drug tests, or dues.Located on the Deschutes River in Central Oregon, Bend offers fly-fishing, rafting, golf, canoeing, mountain biking, hiking, and possibly even late season skiing and snowboarding at nearby Mount Bachelor. Did I mention beer? Bend is the home of seven microbreweries including the famous Deschutes Brewery practically next door to the Les Schwab Amphitheater where the competiton will take place.Visit Bend is a major sponsor of the event.The championships will take place in conjunction with the 8th Annual Balloons Over Bend hot air balloon festival.Stay tuned for information on registration, lodging options, transportation from the airport in Portland, and everything else you will need to know.
For now all members, fans, and friends of the WBMC are asked to:
1. Make plans to be in Bend on June 5;
2. Join Beard Team USA if you haven’t already done so;
3. Tell everyone they know about the BTUSA Nationals;
4. Keep growing their beards and moustaches for America.
Beard Team USA photo courtesy of Devon Blunden.